Monday, May 13, 2013

9 weeks post-op

Today marks nine days since my jaw surgery and overall life is pretty normal. Chewing has getting easier and easier. The only time I have pain chewing is when I try to chew something that requires more jaw movement, like moving it to the side. I have to admit that I rarely do my jaw exercises and they are going to get harder to do once I get my rubber bands put in. Stretching my jaw hurts!! I can finally open mouth two fingers wide. I heard from another fellow jaw surgery patient that her surgeon told her that how ever wide you can open your mouth six months post surgery is how wide you'll be able to open your mouth for the rest of your life, talk about motivation!!! 

I have an appointment with my orthodontist tomorrow afternoon for an adjustment and I'm expecting to leave with my rubber bands in place to finally close the space between my back teeth. I don't really pay much attention to my face, but I can tell that the left side of my face is more swollen than the other. My nose is also still unturned a little, which is expected. One funny thing I've noticed, also slightly annoying, when I smile really big my left side is lower than the right due to that part of the lip is completely numb. 

Until next time. -E


3 comments:

  1. It's great to see you doing so well, you're looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! :)

    I've noticed one side lower than the other too, especially when I talk! I guess it's all part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow u look good!!! And are you serious about only opening your mouth so far that what you will b stuck with? I pray not!! Lol I still cant bite Into a burger

    ReplyDelete