Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What was I thinking?

Yesterday I did end up leaving my ortho appointment with rubber bands to wear to close the space between my teeth, but I had no idea that they were going to suck so bad. Last night I put them in really right like the assistant told me and ended up taking them out at some point last night while I was have asleep, I probably ended up swallowing one I'm the process. I'm hoping that with time it will get easier to put them in and that I'll forget they are there. One annoying thing that happened at my appointment was that the assistant noticed that u was missing/broke the part of my bracket on one of my K9s and didn't fix it so when I tried to put my bands in on my left side like she taught me, I couldn't. I called them and she said to go back in to have them put something on my wire by that tooth. What I don't understand was why she didn't do that in the first place. Also I wasn't able to ask my orthodontist when he thinks I'll be brace free. I'm going in for another adjustment in four weeks and will ask him then, I doubt he'll be available when I go back in for them to fix  their mistake. 

Until then. 
-E


3 comments:

  1. Putting bands on does get easier and it is something you just get used to! I remember my first time putting them on, I was just like 'Arghh they make it look so easy' - but now they go in as quick as the ortho puts them in.

    Don't get me wrong, they still suck! What we put ourselves through just to get that perfect smile hey? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier and when you see the spaces closing and realize you're are getting a step closer to being done with braces you find the motivation to fight through the annoyance. Like Emma said though they really do suck!! Hope you get to ask about removal next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate my elastics with a passion! Have to say the first two days were the worst. If you can put up with the pain and discomfort for those days, suddenly the pain stops and your teeth start moving regularly. If you keep taking them in and out, your teeth will hurt every day and never move properly.

    I promise it gets better!

    ReplyDelete