I finally started writing down some questions I have for my surgeon about my surgery and I thought I would share them with you guys and if there is anything you think I should add to my list please let me know!
1. Will I have drainage tubes?
2. Will/How the surgery effect my nose?
3. Will my airway increase as a result of the surgery?
4. What's the timeline regarding numbness?
5. What will be my diet restrictions? Will I have to be on a clear liquid diet at first?
6. What medications will I be prescribed?
7. Will I only be staying in the hospital for one night?
8. Will I only be rubber banded shut for the first night?
9. What are my after care instructions? Saline rinses, mouth washes and tooth brushing.
10. Will I be given any syringes?
11. What are the measurements of my jaw movements?
12. Will I be needing to get a bone graft or will I be able to get my implants installed?
13. If I need to have a bone graft, where will it be coming from? From my upper jaw or maybe my hip?
14. How many plates and screws will I have in my face?
15. Can you go over the risks of the surgery again?
16. How long to I have to be off work?
17. Since I am only coming back for a 4 week post-op check, what do I do if I have a problem before that appointment?
18. Are there any special skin care instructions?
19. Will my stitches be dissolvable? If so, how long do they take to dissolve?
20. Will my top jaw be widened and result in needing to have a splint after surgery?
21. What are the restrictions with exercise? Running vs Walking.
22. How long does residual swelling take to go down?
23. At what point in the recovery would I start doing jaw exercises? What about jaw massage?
24. How long does nerve regeneration take? What parts take longer?
25. How long after surgery do people typically drool in excess? Weird question I know.
26. Will I have a screw put between my eyebrows or whatever that thing is called?
27. My orthodontist asked if I'm getting my chin done, is that a possibility?
28. Is it possible to result in a deviated septum? Can that be prevented?