Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Purple Splint?

I had a dream last night that I was going to have a purple splint, but not just any regular splint, but one that also cover the roof of my mouth too. I guess I really have jaw surgery on the brain. From what my surgeon has told me I won't been needing a splint after surgery unless he has to widen my upper jaw, but I don't think that's the case, at least I hope! I wonder if the would ever made colored splints? I think some people would go that route. The clear ones turn kinda yellow after time, just like the clear ties I use with my braces.

I just have two more weeks until my pre-op appointment. My surgeon's office called me today. I wasn't expecting them to called so when she started talking about Dr. Bloomquist not being in the office, I was so scared she was going to cancel my surgery!! Luckily she just had to reschedule my post-op appointment from March 27th to April 3rd. Huge relief!!

My dentist's office also called me today to update me on my molds/implants. She said that they were going to send them to my surgeon so that he can know at what angle he needs to put my implants. She was also saying something about them sending an appliance that I need to wear after he puts the implants, say what?! That was news to me, but getting the implants put in during surgery is still up in the air until I talk to my surgeon or possibly even until my surgery when he cuts me open!

32 days to go!
 

7 comments:

  1. I responded to your comment on my blog - not sure if Wordpress and Blogspot "talk" to each other and let you know, though.

    I've had jaw surgery dreams, too! Not recently, but in the past. Also the nightmare where all my teeth get loose and fall out - apparently that's a really common anxiety dream for young adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have teeth falling out dreams too! They are horrible (especially because I am actually at risk of losing mine). I have had these dreams since I was young and still get them now - I had one on Saturday night. I wake up an nearly shout with relief that I was just dreaming!

      Delete
    2. Corrine how are you at risk of loosing your teeth? I'm happy to hear that it's normal to have dreams about jaw surgery. Haven't had any new jaw surgery dreams yet. I'm getting more and more excited as time passes.

      Delete
  2. Time is near jaw surgery buddy I was told that I will have a splint wish it could be in color looking forward to getting this show on the road smh!!!! 2/13/13 is near

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting excited for both of you! :) I can hardly wait to see post-surgery photos

      Delete
    2. I'll be having my pre-op while you're having your surgery, so crazy!! Can't wait to see your results!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you!!! Times a ticking!! When is your surgery Chloe?

    ReplyDelete